Madagascar: South American Getaway (also known as Madagascar 4: the Final Chapter or Madagascar 4: South American Getaway) is a 2019 American computer-animated comedy film produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by Universal Pictures. The sequel to 2012's Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted and the fourth overall film in the Madagascar franchise, it was directed by Mike Mitchell, Eric Darnell, Conrad Vernon and Tom McGrath. It features many of the same voices from the film including Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, David Schwimmer, Jada Pinkett Smith, Sacha Baron Cohen, Cedric the Entertainer, Andy Richter, Jessica Chastain, Bryan Cranston and Martin Short, with Newcomers including Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Jason Isaccs, Eric André, Selena Gomez, Paul Rudd and Keke Palmer.
Madagascar: South American Getaway made its world premiere at the 2019 Sydney Film Festival on May 18, 2019, and was released in the United States on July 12, 2019. It is the second highest-grossing Madagascar film with a worldwide gross of over $746 million.
As the film begins at Circus Zaragoza in Paris. Alex is thinking about New York, because leaving the zoo isn't always the best thing that's ever happened to them. So he and his friends; Marty the Zebra, Gloria the hippo, Melman the Giraffe, King Julien and his fellow lemurs, the penguins and the chimpanzees decide to returning back home to New York, and wants Gia to come along with them, and so does Vitaly (along with Stefano, who wants to join them, thus leaving the dancing dogs in charge)
The gang ends up going to Rio de Janerio to their own hopes to have the penguins get the deed from the printer in order to get them home. But unfortunately, they are spotted by the humans at the mall where the penguins are hiding. Then he and his friends caged up by the hunter Mr. Drake Begum, who use to know them as a zookeeper in the past, and now relentlessly pursues them with the collection of mounting their heads as trophies. Just before the penguins came to rescue them and after the car chase on the bus, they meet the South Troops, and they decide to take them New York after the mission. After the animals escape from Tokyo by the mad mob and the plane crashed into the Amazon jungle, the gang found the colorful civilization they live in. Later after, Alex has decided to purchase the South Troops to do they're old performance again, to come up with the new act, so they could use it to return to New York City.
Alex and Gia ends up doing meditation dance with Calvo the leopard for his act, and the two came up with their perfect friendship. After the show, the gang upsetting their new friends in the process, Alex ends up hurting Calvo when he finds out that he tricked him for solding him out. When they are at the old boat, the gang feel messed up for their new friends and decide to apologize to them and set things right.
The Zoosters, however, are hostage and knocked out by Begum and put them at the Bronx Zoo. The South Troops, Gia, Vitaly, Stefano, the penguins, the lemurs and the chimpanzees come and break them out however, Alex and his friends finally arrive at New York City and place them down to the Central Park Zoo. Calvo promises Alex to take him and his friends every place they want, and he agreed on it. As the film ends, Alex and his friends dance and celebrate at the Central Park Zoo with the others.
- Ben Stiller as Alex, a lion.
- Chris Rock as Marty, a zebra and Alex's best friend.
- David Schwimmer as Melman, a giraffe, one of Alex's friends and Gloria's love interest.
- Jada Pinkett Smith as Gloria, a hippopotamus, one of Alex's friends and Melman's love interest.
- Sacha Baron Cohen as King Julien XIII, the ring tailed lemur king of Madagascar. Danny Jacobs voices the character in the U.K. version of the film.
- Cedric the Entertainer as Maurice, an Aye Aye lemur and Julien's Royal Advisor.
- Andy Richter as Mort, a Goodman's mouse lemur.
- Tom McGrath as Skipper, the leader of the penguins.
- Jason Isaccs as Mr. Drake Begum, the animal hunter and the main antagonist of the film.
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Calvo, an African leopard and the leader of the South Troops.
- Eric André as Mao, a Mountain gorilla and a member of the South Troops.
- Keke Palmer as Kaya, a female Okapi and Marty's love interest.
- Paul Rudd as Theo, a Marine Iguana and a member of the South Troops.
- Selena Gomez as Ria, a Caribbean fruit bat and a member of the South Troops who is Maurice's love interest.
- Jessica Chastain as Gia, an Italian jaguar and Alex's fiancé.
- Bryan Cranston as Vitaly, a Russian Siberian tiger.
- Martin Short as Stefano, an Italian accented sea lion.
- Chris Miller as Kowalski, Skipper's right hand man.
- Christopher Knights as Private, a penguin.
- Conrad Vernon as Rico and Mason.
- Tom Holland as Ishan, a orphan boy and Begum's young assistant.
- Nick Offerman as Passua, the lead Common marmoset.
- Steve Buscemi as Aba, a Common marmoset.
- Andy Dick as Bayo, a Common marmoset.
- Charli XCX as Sally, a Saluki
- Juicy J as Benny, a Doberman Pinscher
- Don Cheadle as Lenny, a Standard Poodle
- Selena Gomez and Steve Buscemi previously co-starred in the Hotel Transylvania franchise (2012-2022).